4.20.2006

Translation of the Natalee Holloway Case police report
Kalpoe brothers and Joran van der Sloot accuse each other
DIARIO Aruba
4/20/2006

ORANJESTAD (AAN)

D says to J: How do you feel Joran?
J says to D (in an upset tone): You had them arrest my father, my friend
D says to J (very calmly): That’s what I’m telling you, how do you feel?
J says to D: You know very well my father’s not involved
J says to D: I read your declaration, my friend.
D says to J: That’s bullshit.
J says to D: You lied, shit.
J says to D (very calmly): You know what happened to the girl, if you don’t know, then nothing happened to her.
J says to D: Then fuck you.
J says to D: What did you say that Freddy has to be detained?
D says to J: That Freddy has to say the truth.
J says to D: You know very well that Freddy told the truth.
S says to J: You’ll see, you’ll see.
D says to J: From the beginning, you could have avoided the matter of your dad.
D says to J: You know.
J says to D: What, where, how?
D says to J: That he wouldn’t have been detained.
J says to D: Hoe, hoeooooooo.
J says to D: You declared shit against him.
J says to D: My friend, the only thing my father wanted to do was to help you.
J says to D: My father only wanted to help you. My father even arranged a lawyer for you.
J says to D: And this is how you pay him back.
J says to D (angry): I have to give you both a klap/wanta [punch in the face?]
D says to J: Try numa [?]
D says to J: You can straighten everything out in one shot, you know
J says to D: Why?
J says to D: You can straighten things out too
J says to D: Straighten things out how?
D says to J: You have to tell the truth.
D says to J: Tomorrow I’m getting my last 8 days and then I’m going home.
J says to D: That’s what you think.
D says to J: I’m going home.
J says to D: Wait until I start saying things about you.
J says to D: Then I want to see if you’re going home.
D says to J: I guarantee you.
J says to D: You don’t think the police are interested to know that Satish hit a girl with the car?
S says to D (should be to J): He he, you make me laugh, my friend, simply laugh.
D says to J: You know very well, you’re always trying to come between us.
J says to D: Then you’re going to start talking shit about the choller (drug addict).
J says to D: My friend, it was me that helped you with that shit / the matter of the choller.
D says to J: I said that too.
J says to D: I didn’t read that, I also read the declaration.
S says to J: The thing about the choller was from me.
D or S says to J: That’s what I just said.
D or S says to J: I also said that in my first declaration. I did that for myself.
S says to J: I said that in my interest.
J answers back: That’s what police are telling me now.
J says to S or D: Police told me about you now, if you go against me then that’s when I will go against you.
Brothers laugh: Heheheheheh
S says to J: We didn’t put you in this problem.
S says to J: We simply told the truth.
J says to the brothers: You didn’t do that.
J says to the brothers: Half of what you said isn’t the fucking truth.
J says to the brothers: That’s going to show in time.
J says to the brothers: Same as they control me, they control you too.
S says to J: About us, about us. They can find proof, but not about you.
S says to J: With lies there is no proof.
J says to the brothers: Everything is shit from Karen, you don’t know shit.
J says to the brothers: Fuck you.
D says to J: You think the girl doesn’t have anything on, you’re going to see who, who fuck/coy (the last part could not be heard well).
J says to D: We will see.
J says to D: You know when I’m going to laugh; when I give you a wanta [punch?] in the face.
J says to D: And I’ll laugh if they find the girl alive, fuck you.
J says to the brothers: I know very well that you’re scared.
J says to the brothers: If you did something bad to the girl, then we will see.
S says to J: I’m not scared.
S says to J: What do I have to be scared about?
D says to J: I want them to find the girl.
D says to J: You’re going to say shit about me in regards to the girl, that I buried the girl at the Fisherman’s Hut.
J says to D: Who said anything about a burial, I didn’t say anything about a burial.
D says to J: You declared that.
D says to J: Stop with the bullshit.
J says to D: I didn’t say anything about a burial.
J says to D: The only thing I can think of is that you know people, who are people of Automotive Enterprises.
S says to J (apparently in a sarcastic tone): Hahahaha, after I’ll get a flat tire he.
S says to J: Hahahaha, after went to get you and after I went back to the beach for the girl.
J says to S: Who said that.
S says to J: That’s what you said.
J says to S: My friend, I didn’t say that.
J says to S: My friend, I never said that you went back (apparently referring to the beach).
J says to the brothers: That’s your problem.
J says to the brothers: If they find the girl, then they will see the shit.
D says to J: 8 more days and I’m going home, I guarantee you this 1000 per cent.
J says to D: We will see.
D says to J: You don’t give a shit about your family members.
J says to D: The only thing I can think about is my family, I am doing what my family told me to do.
J says to the brothers: He, retard.
D says to J: You’re like your father, incredible.
J says to D: What about my father, it’s your fault he was detained. I didn’t declare anything against my father, it was you who spoke against my father.
S says to J: I didn’t declare anything.
J says to the brothers: Of course you did.
S says to J: What did I say / against your father?
J says to the brothers: You said that he (Joran’s father) said that if there’s no corpse there’s no case, or I don’t know what more sorts of shit.
J says to the brothers: That’s not true, the only thing he (Joran’s father) said that if there’s no body there don’t have a case.
D says to J: That’s true.
J says to D: Nothing of that is true.
D says to J: I also said in my declaration that he wasn’t kiermen [?] like that.
J says to D: 20 (what’s is 20? Should be the word ‘esey’) I didn’t read that in your declaration.
J says to the brothers: That’s what they’re using against my father.
D says to J: We have suffered a lot because of you.
J says to the brothers: That’s the price that you’ve let my father pay. That you’re suffering so: fuck you. If you let me suffer, I say OK. I don’t have cunes [?] I can sit calmly 160 days here, for me it doesn’t make a difference. I’m ok here.
Brothers say to J: Me too, me too.
J says to S: And you Satish, they told me that you son of a bitch…see spirits in your cell.
J says to S: They told me that you see the girl in your cell and you get very scared.
S says to J: I saw a spirits? Two other guys saw spirits.
S says to J: You also believe people who are in this prison.
S says to J: What you say has nothing to do with spirits and is cheap shit.
J says to S: They speak well of me, but not of you.
J says to the brothers: And also the two guards (the two security guards who were detained the first time?_ guaranteed me that they will kill you when you get out of prison.
D says to J: Oh, yeah?
J says to the brothers: Who made the declaration about the guards; it was you and not me. Why? Because I didn’t want to bring anyone into the problem who has nothing to do with this case.
D or S yells to J: The lie was for you.
J says to the brothers: It was you who admitted that.
D or S again yells to J: The lie was for you.
J says to the brothers: You paid (with money) him (referring to a male person) however.
Brothers laugh: Hahahahaha.
J says to the brothers: You called by telephone saying that ‘I’ (the ‘I’ here is referring to one of the Kalpoe brothers) hit the jackpot. You said by telephone: “I hit the fucking jackpot.” You forgot that the telephone was tapped.
S or D says to J: Shut your face.
J says to the brothers: You forgot that, retard!
J says to the brothers: And when you got home and said that you fixed everything. You told me “I fixed it’.
J says to D: Good for you. Because of you I’m also in prison.
D says to J: Ayiaaaiaaai.
J says to the brothers: Juffle [?] man, what can you do?
D says to J: What can you do?
J says to the brothers: Make me shut my face, no.
Brothers say to J: Fuck you, we’re not talking to you anymore.
D says to J: Talk until you get tired.
S says to D: You have clothes
D says to J: What are you going to do with that. I’m getting out of here in 5 days.
J says to O (apparently D): That’s what you think.
D says to J: Shut your face.
D says to J again: Shut your face, you bitch.
J says to D: What can you do.
J (should be D) says to J: Fuck your father.
J says to D: If my father doesn’t get out tomorrow, then you’ll see.
J says to D: My friend, shut your face before I hit it shut.
D says to J: Do it if you can. You’re already in prison.
J says to D: It doesn’t make a difference, they can put me in the fucking Cachot [?] I don’t have cunes [?]
D says to J: They’re going to give you 15 years if they find the girl.
J says to D: Why? Why?
D says to J: That scholarship of yours. Gooooooodbye, you can forget about it.
J says to D: Yes, because of who, because of you, retard.
J says to D: You know very well that you did something bad, otherwise you wouldn’t lie.
Brothers say: Aaiaiaiaiaiaiai.
J says to the brothers : I should kill you, retard.
J says to the brothers: Shut your cancer face.
D says to J: Won’t it be nice if tomorrow you’re standing in front of the RC (judge).
D says to J: How not? Too much proof.
J says to D: Then they can hit me too.
J says to D: You think that to me that makes a difference? One strike will be enough.
S says to J: You think, you think.
J says to S: You think that you can go home to get your gun.
S says to J: That I have a gun?
J says to S: Satish, you go get a gun from home, I shoot you dead [?]
S says to J: Look, police went to my house, they searched the house and they found a gun?
S says to J: What did they find?
D says to J: It’s been hours you’re talking bullshit.
J says to D: How is this shit not true, witnesses saw you.
S says to J: In the end, we’ll see who gets out and who stays.
S says to J: You tell the truth, we will see.
J says to the brothers: I know that I’m getting out.
Brothers say: We will see hahahahaha.